Here's what the official Georgia Power guides looked like in the 1940's and here's a scan of the map.
Here's a cool site with a bunch of Atlanta trolley photos
Here's the streetcar layout from 1924 and here's a proposal to keep it from bleeding cash.
Other electricity being used in 1889 seems to be just street lamps which consisted of
In 1891 Arkwright's Georgia Electric company built the Davis St plant (across Northside Dr from the new (2003) GWCC wing by the substation and tracks). It had a generating capacity of 2,100 kva. In 1904 it was (converted to a gas engine and?) increased to 6,000 HP and 2,000 kilowatt. 1911 increased 4,000 kilowatts to 11,000 total. 1928 15,800 HP & 10,500 K.W.
Water power hit town on 11 October 1904 with the Bull Sluice hydroelectric dam at Morgan Falls on the Chattahoochee between Roswell and Cobb County. It had a capacity of 10,500 kilowatts with a frequency of 25 cycles generating a voltage of 6,000. For transmission to Atlanta, it was stepped up to 22,000 volts and at the Davis & Thurmond substations (adjacent to the Davis Street Plant) it was stepped down to 6,000 volts and changed from 25 to 60 cycles. By 1928 the dam was generating 22,500 HP and 15,000 K.W.
All three of these facilities were part of the new Georgia Power Company and until 1910 the streetcars used 80% of total capacity and accounted for 70% of their net earnings.
By 1930, here were all the substations which "transform the Company's hydro-electric output from the high voltage required for long-distance transmission to the lower voltage for distribution on low tension lines within the city." (from 1928 Georgia Power yearbook)